Now though my partner has to travel a lot on work related assignments, we are contented, I do what I love, teaching, writing and communicating. Something that was a horrendous experience for me became a turning point in my life. Silence gave me that epiphany, that “aha!” moment.
I felt I had lost a part of myself and him. I bled in my heart even as the physical me was in pain.
I harangued at everyone around me … went into deep introspection, wouldn’t talk or communicate for three days. I switched off my phones, the TV and everything that connected me to people.
Oh don’t get me wrong, I lived, I breathed.
But even as did this I began to look inward. Flashbulbs exploded in my mind, suddenly it was an epiphany. I had a sense of my calling, I was in a deep trance and even as I healed, I felt myself awakening to a new calling, a new way of life.. Suddenly everything I had read before took on a new meaning, in my silence and meditation, in my introspection and peace I found myself.
A few months later, I quit my job, we packed our bags and moved town. I wanted out of the city life. Somewhere peaceful, somewhere were the atmosphere would resonate with my sacred space. Now though my partner has to travel a lot on work related assignments, we are contented, I do what I love, teaching, writing and communicating. Something that was a horrendous experience for me became a turning point in my life.
Silence gave me that epiphany, that “aha!” moment…
The silence taught me:
2. My mind became my temple.
3. I shut out all the noise from the outside world.
4. I found peace and contentment.
5. Silence became, the source of all my “Eureka! Moments”.
6. I became in control of negative emotions.
7. I realized the outside are just external factors.
8. I am what I am and nothing somebody says or does changes that.
9. I can control what happens to me by how i react to others.
10. Christ’s wisdom will always hold true, unconditional love and forgiveness, they go hand in hand.
11. Every day we learn something new, unless of course, you are Christ or Buddha-ascended masters.
12. We will each continue to learn from the other.
13. Humility is the best antidote in a conflict.
14. Always remain grounded, dump the ego.
15. in any relationship, be it friendships or partnerships, love without expectations and you wont be disappointed.
I could go on but let me go into that wise silence now, even as you read this and hopefully take something from it.